Saturday, November 29, 2008

What a Thanksgiving





















Sorry this post is so late. Things have been crazy around my way with school and all the cooking that took place around the holidays. For my birthday I had a few friends over and cooked a great meal that included a turkey with the usual, (mashers, cranberry sauce, ect. ) chorizo cornbread stuffing, roasted carrots (pictured), awesome sweet potato fries courtesy of Mrs. Ina Garten, (more on those later) and a ton of desserts. The meal was great but as usual, the sweet portion of the meal is what draws my attention.

I'll start from the top:

Apple Oatmeal Cookie Crisp: It was a huge hit and quite possible the favorite of the crowd. This recipe can be found via the search on my blog.

Pumpkin Flan - This dish is like a pumpkin pie but 10 times richer and no crust. I loved it.

Chocolate Covered Poached Pears- I had to salvage a minor accident on this one..but they were soo good. The link will take you to gourmet's recipe for a poached pear tart. Simply poach the pears according to the recipe and then once they are cooled, dip them in melted dark chocolate and refrigerate.

Smores Pie- This was straight chocolate with home made marshmallow on top. Awesome.
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Now that the holidays are drawing near, look for more post and school slows down.

No comments: