Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Taste of Chocolate Cake















While visiting one of my all time favorite blogs, (and the one that inspired me to make my own) I was impressed with the looks of this awesome chocolate cake. Adam on The Amature Gormet wen on and on on how well this cake went over when he made it, and with family in town I thought it would be a perfect addition to our dinner. The recipe is Ina Garten's from the Barefoot Contessa, and like most of her treats it did not fail to impress. The batter was super super runny, which had me worried for a little while, but the cakes turned out very moist and had a rich overall flavor. The icing was out of this world as well. (no doubt thanks to the two sticks of butter)

Thank you Adam for a great cake idea! 

And no, the dogs did not get to taste the cake...that would be bad...for us and the dogs. 





No comments: