Monday, February 2, 2009

Two Things I Ate Last Week
















Last week was very interesting. I went skiing for the first time in my life, which was life changing. The Superbowl happened. It was the first full week of class in a while. ... But despite all of this excitement- there was still more to be had.

I had the privilege to try two new treats, one that was a gift from the Quaker oats man, the other from the Village Point Market, where I work.

Quaker True Delights-

OK- I never thought that having this FoodBuzz publisher thing would ever pay off, (look to the far right) but any time you get free food it is a plus for sure. One day last week I opened my mailbox and to my pure joy and excitement there was a large envelope with the FoodBuzz logo and 6 "new to the market" Quaker Oats granola bars.

They were AWESOME! My favorite is was the Banana Macadamia Coconut combination, with a close second being the Cashew Berry. When these things hit the market (they might already have) everyone should most diffidently go out and buy a box. There are only 140 calories and taste like they have 100 more.

Vosges Bacon Chocolate Bar-

I have had my eyes this bar ever since my first day at work. The bar comes in a nice little box, but disappointingly the chocolate is about 1/8 the thickness of the box it comes in - very misleading. The chocolate was very...interesting. It tasted like straight smoked chocolate. Would I buy this particular bar again?- probably not. Would I buy another Vosges Chocolate bar...maybe.

Would I buy some more Quaker True Delights? You bet.

No comments: